Citizens of the Year
"The Prince George Community Foundation has been closely monitoring the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions set out by the Provincial Health Authority for social distancing and gathering sizes. With this in mind, the Foundation has made the difficult decision to postpone the 2021 Citizen of the Year. It is our hope that as restrictions are lessened we will be able to plan a safe gathering in the future. We will continue to keep the community informed as plans evolve."
Alain LeFebvre, President
Prince George Community Foundation
The Citizen of the Year award is given to those who have gone above and beyond in community volunteerism and philanthropy.
Whether it be giving of their time, talent, expertise, or just being a good advocate, all of these play a role in making Prince George the wonderful community it is.
Citizen of the Year Gallery
Nancy and Pat Harris
Ron and Dee Neukomm
Karen Underhill, Ann Halikowski, Lorrain Hilland
Bill and Judy Russell
Dr. William Osei
Selection Criteria and Exclusions
- Have provided volunteer service for a minimum of three years (not necessarily with the same volunteer organization).
- Not have received any remuneration for the volunteer activity for which the award is being proposed OR;
- Have voluntarily performed duties related to their paid employment significantly beyond what is expected of a person holding that paid position.
- Have signed a waiver stating that they are willing to have their names and information about to their volunteer or philanthropic work published and made public.
- Agree to participate in events and publicity related to the Citizens of the Year Event and agree to undergoing a criminal record check (at the expense of the Community Foundation).
Criteria for Exclusion
- All citizens of Prince George are eligible except the Directors and their immediate families.
- In the event that a Citizens of the Year Committee member or volunteer on other special events committees is chosen to be recognized as a Citizens of the Year honoree and desires to accept the award, the volunteer will be asked to step down from the committee.
- A person cannot be selected or must withdraw his/her name he/she is running for public office in the year of the nomination.